Saturday, August 2, 2014

Stamina and Endurance-it may not be all it is cracked up to be.



The image above was from Zig Ziglar's Facebook page July 30, 2014

I no longer have regret, but I will say that spending the majority of my adult life in manipulative and abusive relationships, sure sets you back for a long time. When you have endured that kind of pain, you know that sense of: how could I not see? Why did I tolerate the intolerable for so long? I have a strong belief about that and that is why I wrote my book and told my story. We all need be heard, so others can awaken. I have learned a great deal from my life choices and experiences, and I now fully understand that living on my terms was always an option...but I learned it the hard way. My greatest hope is through sharing what I learned, others can side step or short cut their suffering.~dri

Here is an excerpt from Me and My Shadow~

So why did I remain in a largely unhappy situation for all those years? My stamina and endurance told me I had to make it work. Guilt and shame are the tools that we allow to be used against us, to make us violate our own inner voice, our own inner knowing. Stamina and endurance prevailed.

At that phase of my life I still believed that I was not the ruler of my life.

I felt that I had to abide by the laws created by someone outside of myself.

I had to try to make it work; it was what was expected of me. Keep in mind my belief system. It was my job to make the man happy, to heal and protect him.

 If only I had known then to:

   -Always honor yourself.
   -Honor others as long as honoring others doesn’t cause you to dishonor yourself.
   -If someone is asking you to dishonor yourself for them, that is not okay. Say no.

What do you know is wrong that you are still enduring? Who are you trying to protect or save believing that it is the path to love and acceptance?

Copyright © 2014 by Diana Iannarone

If this strikes a chord with you, consider buying my book:

Me and My Shadow

Move from Fear and Control to Love and Freedom.


The thoughts in this blog are my opinion. I am neither a medical professional nor a lawyer. To learn more about my work go to www.standingup.us

This is my Mission: 

Partner with people to relinquish their chaos and confusion in exchange for clarity and resolution from whatever crisis they find themselves in. 

I do not give legal advice, nor do I use legal principles to apply to your circumstances. Instead I focus on how to empower you to communicate and use proper positioning to win through influential and concise communications. I guide people to Wake Up, Stand Up, Live Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment